At Zeal Adventure and Travel, we take great care in our selection of trip leaders. If you possess the following attributes, you might be perfect for the job!
Zeal Trip Leaders:
- Have years of experience at a previous camp, program, or institution where they worked directly with teens.
- Come highly recommended by their previous camp’s director(s).
- Are at least 21 years old.
- Are certified in Wilderness First Response or Wilderness First Aid. We provide the WFA certification course during staff training at no cost.
- Have clean driving records and experience driving 12 or 15 passenger vans.
- Are able to attend our week long extensive staff training.
- Successfully pass criminal background and national sex offender checks.
- Sustain high-level activity for 25 continuous days.
- Hold degrees in education, marine science, languages, risk management, youth engagement, recreation management, psychology, development, and more.
- Have led a teen travel program in the past.
- Are certified in technical skills like SCUBA diving, ice climbing, rock climbing, kayaking, sailing, swimming, etc.